Saturday 16 February 2013

On queue for a dream called Wimbledon


Hi guys,

How is going? Today I want to tell you something about one of my passion. It's about tennis. Since I've been teenager I was dreaming to see a Grand Slam tournament. When I arrived in the UK I said to myself now I have no excuse, It's just behind the corner... At first I was worry about the price but then I discovered something that not everyone know... You can afford "The Championship" for 20 quid... Amazing!!!
How? Just queueing... Where? In the park. Ok ok let me explain better.
You have to wake up a bit earlier than usual I would say 5:30 am and jump on the tube direction Southfields!!! Get out of the train and just follow the crowd... A sane tennis vibe It will start to surround you and step by step you can smell the addictive perfume of a can of tennis balls just opened... Anyway sensory activity apart you will arrive in a park where at 6:30 am surprise surprise is plenty of people. Yes someone probably slept there. The stuarts who are welcoming you will give your queue ticket saying that there are more than 3000 people before you. S**t!!! No worries It's not a big issue remember you are in the UK they know how to organise queue. It's a kind of party and there are all the necessary facilities but my advice bring your own food and drinks... The time goes quickly and you are in between friendly people and trust me you cannot realise how fast the queue is moving. In a while you are on the way to the court the queue is now in full flow!!! I was almost forgetting CASH ONLY  keep with you something more some good tickets for the mains courts can be available but with 20£ you get the ground. He we are you are now live inside a dream!!! At first you feel lost but just check the order of play and run to take your seat for your first match. Being seated not more than one meter from the court you will be impressed from the surface of the courts absolutely perfect and the grass seems unreal. Before the matches start have a look to the central court you will feel like a child during Christmas day. The day goes quick but you can satisfy your tennis desire. A big tips in the afternoon they resell tickets for the main courts and with an additional 5/10 quid you can see top players.
Tennis is on till there is daylight and trust me watching Sharapova playing during the sunset is something unbelievable!!! I don't want to bother you longer I hope I have caught your attention and curiosity and to see you soon in the place where magic can happen...

Last thing listen to this song below is something that explain perfectly Wimbledon's atmosphere...




No comments:

Post a Comment