Thursday 6 December 2012

Homeless in London

Yes, that's how you might feel in London at first. I was not homeless, but all I had was a 2 weeks booking at a really shitty hotel in Royal Oak. It was quite cheap to be London, about £80/week and after all I just had to sleep somewhere for a few days and then get started. After getting there with my 2 big suitcases I just thought. I need to find something tomorrow!! That was how I ended up finding a great student accommodation at Notting Hill, yes, Notting Hill!! It's called Bowden Court I recommend any of the hostels of London Hostel Association. Great quality at an affordable price. In this one I was sharing a bedroom with 2 more Spaniards with breakfast and dinner included, I was paying about £90/week.


What about funny stories?? Ohh Yes, I had lot of funny stories there. Especially because one of the flatmates was a crazy sick guy who worked in a hotel and used to wake up at 5:30 being as noisy as hell so the other guy and I used to annoy him as much as we could hiding his stuff like lighters or slippers and when he didn't find it the difficult thing was to hold from laughing in his face. Yeah, I know what you are thinking...like kids, but it was either that or killing him so at least we had a good time.

And that was the starting point to finally move temporarily to a friend's flat where I stay another 3 months and fianlyyyy I found my current flat in South London...because SW8 Rules!!


No comments:

Post a Comment