Monday 10 December 2012

NIN What's that???


Hy guys,

Its is with great pleasure that I'm introducing to you Mr NIN!!! No unforntunately in not a funny Chinese guy...
Sometimes abroad if you are not on holiday happen that you have to work, and as long as your employer is not Italian to be paid and to pay taxes you need to have the mitic National Insurance Number. No worries is free!!! By the way, be careful if you google it there are companies that provide the service charging you.
How to get it for free? Well nothing impossible. You need just to call the number below and they will book an appointment to interview you and get some basic information. Just to check that you are not a terrorist and that you really live in the UK. What do you need? Your ID or passport and a document which prove that you are settled in the UK. Copy of rent agreement or bills statement are fine. This number will be required from your future employer and most of the time without you can't even apply for vacancies.
Sometimes could be possible start to work without but in this case you will be taxed with emergency taxes, that's mean that you are going to pay more. In the UK you once you get your NIN you can claim back the overpaid taxes but it requires a couple of months more or less. So boring this post isn't it?
Coming back to the phone call I remeber when I called I was in London since a two or three weeks. I took a long breath and in the silence of my room I tried to understand the lady who were speaking with me other the phone. Every question she asked me were repeat at least two times. She was really patient with me but I think they are quite used to deal with foreigners. Anyway I understood the 20% of what she said but was a good 20% or at least what allowed me to attend my appointment. The key informations I've got were: reference number, time, post code and Friday? Yes but which Fridays? Anyway thanks to Saint Post Code I knew where to go at what time and the first Friday available I went there. I was lucky was the right one. In a week time but sometime takes longer I received an evelope with my NIN and they lived happily ever after...


Jobcentre Plus application line
Telephone: 0845 600 0643
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Click the image below to link to the Government website:

                        





No comments:

Post a Comment