Friday 7 December 2012

Learn English? It's long way to the top (If You wanna Rock'n' Roll)

Are you ready??? Today's post is with a soundtrack, so Let's click the link below and enjoy...



English what is that? Well is the language that everyone nowadays is using to communicate and you like or not is becoming just a default setting (such a nerd metaphor) in the digital and globalisation era. Unfortunately I had to update my system (oh no again). Honestly is still something ongoing but since I put my feet in the UK I've improved a little bit. It wasn't a kind of magic. I had to work hard even if I've been studying English since the secondary school (I don't know why but seems to be a common problem for Italians). A good knowledge of grammar is useful but nothing you can't learn in a few time. The main issue I found, was understand and feel confident. First of all I joined a course. Especially if you are new in a city is useful to meet new people (by the way I met one of mine best friend here "Hi Lucia hope you are enjoying the blog"). At the same time is a kind of warm up, speak with other foreigners with my level made me comfortable and the pronunciation of the teacher got me used to the British accent. Surprise surprise, outside the school's wall is totally another world.
Yes mates that's the real world and is not populated just of English teachers or foreigners. How I faced the problem? Putting myself in uncomfortable situation. I attended meet up (here's the link, just find the topic you like and meet people to speak about it http://www.meetup.com/ ) understanding one word every ten, conference better avoid the understanding rate and at the end I found a job, where I had to speak ten hours a day in this "bloody language". I'll save this story for another post. Learn is a really natural process and I had to pass through each stage. Of course sometime I felt upset, tired and stupid but I've never lost the motivation. As I said before I'm still learning and I'm trying all the time to challenge myself. The lasts were remove the subtitles in English and call in English for business purpose foreign countries. To achieve this point was a footpath ten months long. Ending today's post the only advice I can give you is just TRY TRY and TRY AGAIN and of course dont't be SHY because It's a long way to the top if you wanna Rock'n'Roll...

No comments:

Post a Comment